So Tell Me ... What's The Weather Like on YOUR Planet?

08 July, 2008

Conservative

One of my deep secrets: I think of myself as conservative.

The problem is, the stuff that gets marked as 'conservative' around here strikes me as anything but, which means I wind up sounding like a left-wing wacko even when my reasoning is fundamentally conservative.

Sometimes this is funny.

Sometimes it makes me awfully sad.

Today I read a post talking about what I mean when I want to call myself 'conservative'.

It's nice not being alone.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

The derivation of the word is DECIDING WHAT IS TO BE CONSERVED, and I know exactly what you mean. I would like to decide what should be conserved, too, I think I'd be a good arbiter of such things! :D

Preserving the old ways from being abused
Protecting the new ways for me and for you
What more can we do?


The Kinks - Village Green Preservation Society